- His hearing aid was free and he still paid too much! - March 10, 2020
- Why We Almost Never Have a SALE - February 25, 2020
- Most of the Time I Deliver Good News to My Patients - February 25, 2020
Most people think that cost is the most important factor when selecting hearing aids for themselves. Although I understand you have to be able to afford your hearing aids, cost is only one part of the equation. Your lifestyle, (where you do your listening), is the most important factor when deciding which level of technology is best for you. Hearing aids come in four levels of technology, Basic, Standard, Advanced, and Premium.
- Basic hearing aids have the least amount of technology. They are for someone whose lifestyle is less busy. They are mainly for listening in quieter environments such as home, watching TV, and talking one to one.
- Standard technology is for people who are a little more active. They attend church, go to restaurants 2-3 times a month and are in family gatherings on occasion.
- Advanced level hearing aids are helpful in small group settings, helpful in most restaurant situations, have a good directional microphone system to help in noisy environments.
- Premium hearing aids are for folks who are on the go. They are active and engaged. They are in clubs, group settings, and restaurants frequently. These hearing aids have features to help you hear better when the noise in the room gets louder. They don’t make the noise go away but help you focus on speech. These hearing aids automatically adjust for comfort and clearer understanding in noisy situations.
As you think about what category you fall into, it’s very important to pick the category that best represents your social life. That way the hearing aids will have the features you need to hear where it’s most important to you. We are committed to helping you find a way to get the level of technology you need. Schedule your complimentary hearing evaluation today.