- His hearing aid was free and he still paid too much! - March 10, 2020
- Why We Almost Never Have a SALE - February 25, 2020
- Most of the Time I Deliver Good News to My Patients - February 25, 2020
Comparing hearing aids from 15-20 years ago to today’s aids is like comparing a Model T to a Ford Mustang Cobra. To say there have been some improvements in the last few years is a major understatement. These are not your grandparent’s hearing aids.
Here are just a few of today’s amazing hearing aid features:
- Just about all hearing aids are digital. This means a more exact setting for your hearing loss.
- Wireless capabilities. This means some hearing aids share audio information from one ear to the other for better understanding in noise.
- Blue Tooth options. Some of today’s hearing aids can connect to your cell phone, TV, or radio for hands free communication.
- With advancements in microchips, today’s hearing aids don’t have the same “feedback” or whistling issues as older hearing aids.
- Today’s hearing aids have more features for hearing in noisy environments. Depending on the model, you can have different settings for different environments or let the hearing aid change automatically.
- Many of the hearing aids we offer today are re-chargeable. That means no batteries to change. Our office doesn’t charge extra for re-chargeable hearing aids which saves you between $100-$200 per hearing aid.
To determine what hearing aids are best for you, a thorough hearing screening and consultation is the first step. Then we will discuss your budget and lifestyle to figure out what would work best for you. This initial visit is complementary. We look forward to seeing you.
Check out our website for more great information: www.SelectiveHearingCenters.com